Thursday, January 26, 2012

O Remember, Remmeber


I love this clip by President Eyering, but never so much as I have in the last few weeks. I recently started a new journal for remembering the small blessings I have seen in my life each day. I have seen how the Lord is blessing my life hourly! The Book of Mormon tells us that "when ye are in the service of your fellow beings you are only in the service of your God." (Mosiah 2:17). I have heard this phrase so many times in my life and am rather embarrassed to admit just how oblivious I have been to how many people are constantly serving me. These people reach out in love constantly to serve me and in so doing are serving God by providing me with needed blessings. Here are just a few examples of service that I have received recently:
  1. A free loaf of bread each week from Great Harvest
  2. A letter from my mom arriving at the end of a long day
  3. A warm meal to nourish me for the last few hours of my day
  4. A note of encouragement in my scriptures from my companion
  5. A plate of pancakes to start my morning out with
  6. A dentist who will look at my tooth without an appointment
  7. A member coming on a visit at late notice
  8. Homemade peanut brittle and popcorn
  9. A warm home to live in
  10. Christmas gifts full of hand and toe warmers
The list goes on and on. Some, or all, of these things may seem pretty small to the average person. But for those who look closely at their lives, it is a list of daily blessings. By serving me, others are the hands through which the Lord can bless my life. I am so grateful for those that serve and reach out to those in need, and am determined to both join the ranks and to no longer let the knowledge and my appreciation for those blessings pass by.

No comments:

Post a Comment